Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fleeting sense of Adventure

So it is a rare thing for me to have an internal drive for adventure. This summer I wanted more than anything to do the zip lines in Puerto Rico and found the excursion that had rock climbing, rappelling and zip line on a tropical island. My desire to participate was SO strong that I insisted on doing it despite having no one to join me (and/or witness my adventure.)

I'm having a similar draw to snow skiing. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Olympics either. It does have something to do with the snow we've been lucky enough to get in the Eastern US. Since all the Eastern states have an abundant amount of snow, ski season has been extended until April 5th. Ironically, I looked on the internet around Christmas to see if I'd be able to go snow skiing during Spring break. It was too iffy for my $$. Now it seems that it is a go---but my $$ is what's iffy now!! You see I've never skied before. As it is now, I have no one to join me on this adventure and I'm just not sure I'm will to go it alone this time. Still I've spent time looking and may scurry up some plans if the price is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment