Sunday, January 31, 2010

Operation Kitty RESCUE

I was trapped at Sonja's since Friday at 6 a.m. and it didn't look like the snow/ice would be leaving anytime soon. I needed to get some clothes so I started to attempt my escape....once at home, I got stuck halfway into my driveway. A couple of passersby helped push me back into the road and parked on the street behind my house. Once I hiked through the neighbor's yard into my own, I loaded a suitcase and hauled it back to the car. Greyson was a bit excited to see me; she was obviously lonely and this was the first she'd been alone since Mia died. Again, unsure when the next time I'd brave the road, I made the decision to zip her in my coat and drive her to Sonja's house.

Well, the return trip is uphill before it's downhill. I made it to the uphill and began slipping and sliding and spinning tires....it crossed my mind that not only was I endangering my car, but now I had a cat who would likely jump out and run for the hills!!

She was much calmer than I and just sat in the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment